Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm 51

I turned 51 on the 19th, but just don't feel like it one little bit LOL! The last few weeks have been pretty hectic, but an update was well over-due, and thanks to my brother Peter, who came up to help out for 10 days (arrived 1st December and departed 11th), I am able to fill you in on most of the events of those 10 days at least C/- his own Blog version of the 12 days of Christmas, that is up to day 22 as I write this update (one update for each day of December, so far . . . who knows when it will end LOL!). Well done Pete, and if you'd like to see/read his 10 days up here from his perspective, then I suggest you start at his Day One update and work your way up :)

I know it sounds a bit slack of me, but he is also an avid photographer, and so always beat me to the draw in getting snaps of things . . . in fact he often had drawn, shot, and re-holstered, before I even became aware of a photo opportunity. Why am I sharing this . . . because I have put no pics in my update 'cause they are already all there in his LOL!

A quick health report for those on the fly . . . as Pete did mention in his Day Three update, Mum went in for another two bags of blood on Wednesday 2nd December, after starting to feel very low and a blood test revealing that her red blood cell count was down. The transfusion certainly did pick her up, and her energy levels have been pretty stable ever since, allowing her to do a few extra things like go for a coffee and some clothes shopping after a doctor's appointment (see Pete's Day Ten update), and then a short and sweet Christmas shopping trip to Big W after another doctor's appointment last Friday (the 18th), as well as the regular Wednesday visits to her hairdresser in Yungaburra. For me, well my shoulder seems to be improving in strength and flexibility every day, and aside from the collar bone sticking up lump which is quite good for giving people shivers up their spine when they see or feel it (LOL!), it seems well on the way to a full recovery :)

We celebrated my 51st birthday with a lovely lunch at the International Club on Sunday (the 20th) because Phil took me (for my birthday present), with his son Harley, and two of Harley's friends, to see the movie "Avatar" in 3D on the 19th . . . and I'd better not start talking about it or I might not be able to stop LOL! Suffice to say, I rate it up there with "The Lord Of The Rings" as one of the greatest epics of all time. It has it all . . . out of this world amaaaaazing visual effects, another look at the battle between the heartless, greedy, fear-based destroyers and the heartfull, heart connected (to each other, all the creatures on the planet, and the Earth Mother of the planet herself), beautiful, graceful, and strong race being invaded . . . and there's even a beautiful love story thrown in as well LOL! Here's a little taste . . .:)


I know its hard to justify spending $300 million in the making of a movie when so many of the world's population are suffering through lack of the basic survival necessities, but this film does have the potential to bring about a shift in the consciousness of all who watch it, so it just might be worth the money from the bigger picture perspective . . . consequently, I have no hesitation in describing "Avatar" as a MUST MUST MUST see film :)

No comments: